What's a list?

            I am just going to admit it, I am a shopaholic even at HEB. Simply like any other time, I made a list of all the groceries I needed to survive the week. The plan was to by nothing extra, and simply get only the necessities.
            As I drove around HEB for what felt like an hour, looking for a parking spot, my blood pressure began to rise. You know what I mean, if you have ever been to San Marcos’ HEB because there is never any parking. Finally, after finding a spot at the very end, I took the time to coach myself to only get the things that were on my list. Nothing else! I told myself such things as “you do not need any extra junk food,” “or any other random food you think you might need.”
            Following a lot of mental preparation, I finally took on the task of grocery shopping. The idea was to stick on the outside isles because “supposedly that is where all the healthy food is.” I started out on the vegetable side, got everything I need, and made my way to get chicken breast. I was still sticking to the plan, but it went downhill after that. As I walked away from the yogurt, I saw Julio’s hot sauce, and I convinced myself that would make a great condiment. Low and behold what is next to the hot sauce? Cream cheese, my weakness! By now, I became sidetrack on how to make a dip, I need bagel, and my list vanished.
            As I was driving away, all I could think was “wow, you had a list, you prepared yourself, but you still came out with more than you needed.” Only possible solution next time, I must simply have a babysitter. I spent way too much money, got unhealthy food, but I am going to eat good.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Man's best friend

Is it Christmas yet?