Vampire

      The funniest thing happened the other day while I was working with one of my students at my after school program. I was talking to a young boy about one of his questions when he looked and said, “whoa.” He jumped back with his eyes wide open. I asked what was wrong, and he said, “your teeth are like a vampire.” I immediately began laughing because I have always had children and people tell me how my canine teeth are extremely pointy. However, no one has ever actually asked me if I was a vampire. Finally, after I finished laughing, I replied, “ why yes I am a vampire. If you do not finish your homework and focus, I am going to bite you.” To my surprise he went straight to work, and never strayed the rest of the time.
      A couple of days later, after forgetting about our conversation, the same little boy approached me. He asked if I was in the gym, flying around, and watching them as a bat. My response again was to laugh, and reply, “yes, I am always watching y’all.I have to make sure you are listening to the other teachers.”
       As the day continued, and we were outside, and the little boy came back up to me and said, “so do you have the power to bite people and give them eternal life? If so, can you bite me and in exchange, I will do whatever you want.” By now, you have figured out what my response is, to laugh. I told him “I do have the power, but I have to save it for my mom so she can live forever.”

        There is never a dull moment when children are involved!!

Comments

  1. That is hilarious! This definitely made me laugh. Haha. Students have the craziest imagination. I like how he immediately did his work once you told him you were a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love working with kids! They are never afraid to say what's REALLY on their minds! Love it! You have to keep this one going! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! I bet he will remember his Vampire teacher for years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Man's best friend

Is it Christmas yet?